Saturday, January 19, 2008

Does God Exist? Is Anybody Out There?

From last week's lesson:
Just a summary. The six positions about God that we discussed were:
  1. Atheist--no god(s) exist at all.
  2. Agnostic--it is not possible to know if there is a god or not.
  3. Deist--God created the universe, but has left it alone ever since.
  4. Theist--God exists and is involved in the world.
  5. Polytheist--many gods exist.
  6. Pantheist--God exists in and through everything in the universe (trees, sun, moon, etc.)
The question during our discussion was asked to me, "Which one are you?" I didn't answer specifically in our group. But I will now.

I am a Theist. I believe that there is a Living God who wants a relationship with me and you. I believe that He created the world for this purpose: relationship with mankind. After sin entered the world, God sent His Son (Jesus) to come and restore the relationship that had been broken in the beginning (Genesis chapter 3). Each person has a choice to make whether they believe in this Living God and His Son, and whether they want to accept Jesus into their life. I have made that choice. I call God my Savior, my Lord, my King, my Guide, my Teacher, and even my Friend.

I pray someday you will too. But I am glad to know you and talk, even if you don't make that choice.

No comments: